Wednesday, September 28, 2011

sleep on it.....

Today... was a really bad day.  Actually... this entire week hasn't been too thrilling.  Work is insanely busy.  Phone calls, e-mails, people in asking questions, work deadlines, COMPLETE craziness.  I feel like I can get nothing accomplished.  Just when I think I'm ahead.. I'm 14 steps behind.  I'm an emotional person.... I admit it.  Those closest to me know it... especially those closest to me at work.  (She knows who she is.)  She keeps me grounded... and isn't afraid to tell me I'm being an annoying bitch.  (And YES... she uses those exact words...)  Funny part is... she's always right... and is able to bring me back down to where I should be.  You really gotta love THAT kind of friendship.  :)

So here I sit... the entire house has gone to bed... and I am wide awake... thinking.  One thought in my head...  "Every action has a reaction."  Hummmm.... so true.  Think about it for a minute... bad days challenge us and all decisions that have the power to change lives for the better (or worse) call for a clear head.  Muddled minds and sluggish emotional thoughts make bad decisions and are quick to rash reactions.  So... here's a thought: For sharp thinking...and to remove some of the emotion.... nothing beats "sleeping on it." 

It's true.  I've read that your subconscience works on problems while you rest, and that's why solutions come easier in the morning.  Ya think so?  Could be.

Or is it that brain power is strongest after a good night's sleep?

Yeah... I need to know.  So... I googled it.  (Love that you can google anything at 10:30 pm... :))

There was a study done at the University of Florida  on the unexplored relationship between job satisfaction and the shifting moods of employees.  Employees who have stressful days bring their negative moods home with them at night, but in most cases, bad feelings disappear by morning.  Well duh.  I KNEW I should have been a doctor.

So let's try it.  I'm gonna go sleep on it.  Everybody has bad days.  Or bad weeks.  Tomorrow really IS another day.....



No comments:

Post a Comment