Friday, August 19, 2011

forgive and forget......

Forgiveness is a difficult topic. On one hand, we feel that we have learned to forgive. On the other hand, we find ourselves resisting when we actually try to forgive someone.  Implementing forgiveness into our lives is a process.

So here I am today... faced with having to let something go and forgive.  Know what?  I don’t know what the other person is going through and if I hold anger, it takes away from my own joy. It is not just for the other person that I should forgive, but for myself, so I don't waste my life angry with someone or continue to hold a grudge.

Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself.  It is a release from the burden of anger and pain.  When you choose to forgive, you choose to live in the present and the future instead of the past.  It does not mean to forget but it does mean to release and go on.  Forgiveness doesn't happen on it's own, you must choose to forgive.

So... Mr. or Mrs. Disney Wallet thief.... I forgive you.  Pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment