Sunday, July 24, 2011

patience is a virtue......

Patience. I have none. Ask anyone close to me and they'll tell you... I am probably the most impatient person you'll ever meet.

Here's an example. When we go somewhere as a family, it takes my husband and kids FOREVER to get out of the car. Me.... I park, grab my stuff, and GET OUT. Done. Them... they fix their shoes, put their sunglasses away, check around for the dust to settle.... WHO KNOWS what they're doing. It drives me insane. MOVE it people.... let's go... MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!

I don't lolly gag.... I do what I need to do and keep moving. I rarely sit. I always have to be doing something. Always.

As I take a long, hard look at myself today... I'm sure this isn't the way to be. I'm probably missing all the little things in life. I think I need to slow down. This is an imperfection in myself that I really don't like.... but how to remedy it?

I think the major issue with my impatience is stress. I have a lot of it. The more stressed I am, the harder it is for me to face additional requests for my time. So... on this Sunday, I am starting anew. I am going to start removing myself from things I have no control over. I'm going to count to ten before responding. I am going to smile more often and let it all just roll....

Don't laugh..... just hurry up and get out of the car. I have stuff to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment