Wednesday, July 13, 2011

what do YOU see?

I see an elephant.
I see a dragon.
I see a teapot.

Remember when you were little during those long boring days of summer; lying on the grass, looking up to the sky and creating images in your mind from the white fluffy clouds? I do.

As I was driving into work today, I couldn't help but notice the clouds. Big, white and full of imagination. You know me, I always look for a hidden Mickey. (I take it as a sign from God that I should take a trip to Walt Disney World.)

Imagination. I use it a lot. I imagine myself on Pompano Beach with a strawberry margarita watching Reza hang out in the pool. I imagine life as a wealthy person.... not having to work and being able to spend afternoons with the kids, making chocolate chip cookies and putting puzzles together.

I imagine how life would be if I didn't have two beautiful daughters. Man, how boring my days would be. I quickly scratch that from my mind.... wouldn't want to imagine life without them.

As we go through our day, what do you imagine? As adults, I think sometimes we forget to imagine. We forget to dream. Maybe we think we're too old? Maybe we think it's too childish?

Think about it. By using your imagination each and every day, you can make your day much more exciting and interesting. You'll find yourself more motivated and happy. I think most adults grow out of their imagination, and therefore are much more stressed out. We all need to be a bit more full of life and carefree! How?

Well, how about thinking of doing something out of the ordinary when you wake up? Donate dog food to the SPCA or bake some cookies for your next door neighbor.
Take a 10 minute break during your workday to sit outside on a bench and watch people walk by.
Rearrange your living rooms.
Write a book, song or poem.
Make a gift for someone you love.

Simple things. Things that will make you feel like a better person... and perhaps that kid that once sat in the backyard, looking up at the clouds.

Oh... look! I see a Mickey head!

No comments:

Post a Comment